- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pound Belgian endives, tough stems trimmed but intact and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Spanish Rioja red wine
- 1/3 cup chopped, toasted walnuts, as a garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, as garnish
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
Add the endive halves, cut side down, and cook until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Turn and cook on the second side until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the wine and season with salt and pepper. Lower the heat, cover. and simmer until the liquid is nearly completely absorbed and the endive is tender, about 10 minutes.
Garnish with walnuts and parsley and serve warm.
Salmon With Beurre Rouge And Red Wine Braised Endive
Chicken With Wine: Coq Au Vin
Braised Duck With Wine: Canard Au Vin
Watercress Salad With Red Wine Vinaigrette
Garlic And Rosemary Red Wine Vinegar
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Braised Broccoli Rabe (Rapini)
Southern Cooked Greens
Bacon Braised Green Beans