- 1 pound celery root, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 pound pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the celery root in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until thick and the pears fall apart. Remove from the heat.
- Return the drained celery root and pears to a food processor. Add the cream and remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and puree until smooth. Season with the nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
Venison Medallions With Balsamic Reduction And Celery Pear Puree
Root Cellar Gratin
Celery Root Mashed Potatoes
Beer Braised Cabbage And Celery Root
Pear And Parsnip Puree
Celery Root Fries With Creole Remoulade Sauce
Celery Root Fries With A Crab Ravigote
Fresh Crab Salad With A Celery Root Mayonnaise
Fennel And Celery Root Remoulade With Baby Shrimp
Sauteed Lamb Chops With Peppers And Celery Root Mash