- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus 2 teaspoons
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound button mushrooms, wiped clean and sliced
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta
- 1 cup grated monterey jack
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 6 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish with 2 teaspoons of the butter and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook until they give up their liquid, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, mushroom mixture, ricotta, jack, and feta, and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, nutmeg, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add to the spinach mixture. Add the bread crumbs and mix well. Transfer to the prepared dish and top with a layer of Parmesan. Bake until the casserole is firm and the top is golden, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1E46e
- Dish Type: Entree