- 8 ounces (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, plus 2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sauteed bananas and Ginger Syrup
- For the pound cake: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 4 x 3-inch baking pan with 1 teaspoon of butter, then lightly flour with 2 teaspoons of the flour.
- Sift the remaining 2 cups of flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl, and set aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in the bowl of a mixer and cream on high speed. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl, alternating with the eggs, beating on low speed, and scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the cake has risen, is golden brown on top, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it rest in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, slice the pound cake and place in dessert bowls. Scoop vanilla ice cream onto the cake and spoon the bananas and syrup over each serving.
Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup
Chocolate Pound Cake And Peanut Butter And Chocolate Praline Ice Cream Sandwiches
Oranges With Red Wine Syrup And Orange Pound Cake
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding With Vanilla Ice Cream And Caramel Sauce
Chocolate Buttermilk Cake with Fudge Icing and Chicory Coffee Ice Cream
Lemon Pound Cake With Lemon Pastry Cream
Fresh Florida Orange Cake With Toasted Almond Ice Cream And Strawberry Compote
Italian Cream Cake With A Coconut And Pineapple Icing
Nutty Ice Cream Cake With Caramel Sauce And Toffee Bits
Flambeed Pears With An Ice Cream Poundcake Sandwich