- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 pound andouille, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless white and dark chicken meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound ham, cubed
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cups medium-grain white rice
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound shelled shrimp
- 1 cup chopped green onions, green tops only
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook. Add the onions, bell peppers, 1 teaspoon of the salt, the Essence, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cayenne. Stirring often, brown the vegetables and sausage until they are caramelized, about 15 minutes. Scrape the bottom and sides of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Season the chicken with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cayenne. Add the chicken, ham, and the bay leaves to the pot. Brown the chicken for 8 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned particles.
- Add the rice and stir for 2 to 3 minutes to coat evenly. Add the water, stir to combine, and cover. Cook over medium heat for 30 to 35 minutes, without stirring, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Add the shrimp during the last 5 minutes of cooking and cook until just pink. Remove the pot from the heat and let stand, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
- Stir in the green onions and parsley, and serve.
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers
Pound Cake With Ice Cream And Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup
Emeril's Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes With Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
Big And Crispy Onion Rings
Burgers With Bacon And Cheese
Shrimp And Ham Jambalaya
Smoked Turkey Legs And Sausage Jambalaya
Jake's Crawfish And Sausage Jambalaya
Mediterranean Chicken Packets
Sauteed Bananas And Ginger Syrup