- 1/4 cup clarified butter or vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 small green peppers, (such as jalapeno or serrano), stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound green beans, tough ends removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a large saute pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Add the garlic slivers, peppers, turmeric, cumin, and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until the garlic begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add the green beans, water, salt, and stir well. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sesame seeds and cook uncovered, stirring, until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and adjust seasoning, to taste. Serve hot.