- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup finely ground chocolate sandwich cookies (NOTE: chocolate cookie only, cream stuffing removed)
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg white*
- *RAW EGG WARNING The American Egg Board states: "There have been warnings against consuming raw or lightly cooked eggs on the grounds that the egg may be contaminated with Salmonella, a bacteria responsible for a type of food poisoning.... Healthy people need to remember that there is a very small risk and treat eggs and other raw animal foods accordingly. Use only properly refrigerated, clean, sound-shelled, fresh, grade AA or A eggs. Avoid mixing yolks and whites with the shell”
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except the egg white, and blend with a mixer. Transfer to a 9-inch pie pan and spread across the bottom and up the sides using your fingers. Place another 9-inch pie pan on top and firmly press against the contours of the pan to pack the crust down onto the pan. (Some of the filling may spill over the edges of the pan.)
- Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool. Brush the crust with the egg white. Refrigerate before using.