- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into small dice Salt
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (about 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the diced cucumber in a fine mesh sieve set over a bowl. Lightly salt and let drain for 1 hour. Pat dry with paper towels and place in a clean bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour and up to 4 hours before serving. Stir well before serving.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1E25e
- Dish Type: Sides