- 1/2 pound (about 7 cups) watercress and shoots (corn, beet, etc.), rinsed and spun dry
- 1/4 cup flax seeds, lightly toasted
- 2 small spring onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blackberries or red raspberries
- 1/4 cup white raspberries
- 4 ounces Oka cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices French bread, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1/4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, seeds, onions, and berries.
- Place the sliced bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast until golden on 1 side, about 6 minutes. Turn the slices and place the cheese on the soft sides. Return to the oven and toast until the cheese is melted and just bubbling, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss the salad with the dressing and divide among 4 salad plates. Place 2 cheese croutons on each plate, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
- Beverage Suggestion: Marynissen Estates Chardonnay Barrel Fermented ‘A’ 1999
Native Greens Salad With Toasted Flax Seeds, Fresh Berries, Oka Cheese Croutons And Flax Seed Oil Vinaigrette
Duck Confit Salad With Dried Berries, Stilton Cheese, And Vanilla Shallot Vinaigrette
Jill's Fresh Pear And Maytag Farms Blue Cheese Salad With A Toasted Walnut Vinaigrette
Cold Lobster And Vanilla Bean Salad Over Fresh Maiche With Toasted Croutons
Salad Of Fresh Watercress With Baby Tomatoes And A Sherry Vinaigrette
Watercress, Endive And Strawberry Salad With Gravlax And A Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Fried Fresh Mozzarella Cheese With A Mushroom Ragu, Shaved Truffles And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Apple Salad With Blue Cheese Croutons And Cider Dressing
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Baby Arugula with Smithfield Ham, Maytag Blue Cheese and Fresh Fig Vinaigrette