- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 pounds Rome Beauty or Winesap apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Irish oatmeal
- 1/4 cup toasted, chopped walnut pieces
- Irish Whiskey Cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly butter an 11 by 7-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the apples, lemon juice, 1/2-cup of the brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of the flour. Stir well, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the whiskey, cinnamon, cardamom and salt, stir well, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining flour, oatmeal and remaining 1/2-cup sugar. Add the remaining 5 tablespoons of butter, and with your fingers or a pastry blender, work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Add the walnuts and mix well.
- Place the apple mixture in the greased pan and sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the top. Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 35 to 40 minutes. Serve hot with the Irish Whiskey Cream.
Apple Oatmeal Crisp With Irish Whiskey Cream
Irish Whiskey Cream
Apple And Oatmeal Crisp
Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
Charlie Trotters Whole Roasted Figs With Goat's Cheese Ice Cream, Spicy Fig Sauce And Oatmeal Tuiles
Apple Cranberry Crisp With Oat Topping And Cheddar Cheese
Strawberry Rhubarb Irish Crumble With Irish Whiskey Butter
Normandy Apple And Cream Tart With Calvados Whipped Cream
Olga's Giant Apple Crisp
Buttermilk Spice Cake With Fresh Apple Puree And Roasted Walnut Cream Cheese Frosting