- 6 to 8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup (equal amounts of water and sugar, heated until the sugar melts), cooled
- Crushed ice
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon (you can also add a splash of Grand Marnier if you wish)
- Mint sprig for garnish
- Put the mint leaves and the simple syrup in the bottom of a tall glass. Using the handle or a wooden spoon, crush and mash the mint to extract the flavor. Fill the glass with crushed ice. Pour in the bourbon. Jiggle the mixture with an ice tea spoon or swizzle stick to mix and chill. Garnish with fresh mint.
- Source: Essence Of Emeril EE2426
- Dish Type: Beverage/Alcoholic