- 1 pound rock shrimp, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Zatarain's Liquid Shrimp and Crab Boil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 green tomato slices, each about 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups fine dried breadcrumbs
- Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh maiche, optional
- Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper. Combine the water, liquid crab boil, lemon, and bay leaves in a large, heavy pot. Season the mixture with more salt and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let sit for 1 minute. Drain and discard the liquid. Let the shrimp cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Combine the egg, lemon juice, onions, green onions, celery, horseradish, mustards, ketchup and parsley in a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and cayenne. While the machine is running, slowly add the olive oil, a little at a time, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Reseason if needed. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
- Season both sides of the sliced tomatoes with salt and black pepper. Put the flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes and season with the Essence. Dredge each tomato slice first in the flour, then in the egg wash, letting any excess drip off, then dredge in the breadcrumbs, coating evenly.
- Heat 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil in each of two skillets over medium-hot heat. Fry the tomatoes until crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels and season with salt and black pepper.
- To serve, combine the shrimp and dressing mixture in a bowl and mix well. Arrange 3 tomatoes on the rim of 4 salad plates. Spoon equal amounts of the rock shrimp mixture in the center of each plate. Garnish with the maiche if you wish.
Fried Green Tomatoes with Lobster and Tear Drop Tomato Salad
Mixed Green Salad With Popcorn Rock Shrimp
Saute Of Shrimp Over Fried Green Tomatoes With Warm Remoulade Sauce
Fried Rock Shrimp With Two Remoulade Sauces
Tomato Stack Salad with Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette and Fried Green Tomatoes
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
BLT with Fried Green Tomatoes and Shrimp Rémoulade
Cold Puree Of White Bean Soup With A Crispy Pancetta And Creole Tomato Relish
Rock Shrimp And Mozzarella Strudel With A Smokey Tomato-butter Sauce
Creamy Herbed Rock Shrimp In Roasted Tomatoes