- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 3 (3-ounce) chorizo sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and return to a boil. Cover the pan remove from the heat. Peel and slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Place them in a bowl, cover with water and set aside.
- Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Chop the parsley. Peel off the chorizo casing and crumble the meat. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot and add the onion, cooking until transparent. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, being careful not to brown. Add the crumbled chorizo and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes. Discard the fat. Remove the chicken from the broth and add the broth to the chorizo mixture. Add salt, thyme, pepper and cumin. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes. Slice the chicken breasts and add to the caldo (soup). Bring to a boil and remove from heat.