- 1 loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 recipe Classic Tapenade
- 1 roasted red pepper, stemmed, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 8 to 10 ounces of assorted cured meats like prosciutto, mortadella, Genoa salami OR good white tuna packed in oil
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella
- 4 ounces sliced provolone
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Slice the bread in half horizontally and remove some of the crumb from inside . Spread olive tapenade on the bottom piece of bread. Top the tapenade with the sliced red peppers and the marinated artichokes. Layer the cured meats, mozzarella, and provolone. Layer the tomatoes and red onions over the meats and cheese. Drizzle with the olive and balsamic vinegar. Press the top slice of bread on the sandwich. Brush with a little olive oil. Wrap in aluminum foil.
This sandwich is perfect for the beach, boat or an outdoor picnic. Pack at the bottom of the basket to press the sandwich.