- 4 large Idaho potatoes, scrubbed (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Approximately 3/4 cup Special Sauce
- SPECIAL SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon Baby Bam
- Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 425?F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Scrub the potatoes well under running water with a vegetable brush. Dry the potatoes with a paper towel, then place them on the lined baking sheet. Using your hands, rub each potato with oil, then sprinkle on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes in the oven and bake until fork-tender, about 1 hour.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the baking sheet from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer the hot potatoes to a plate and serve with the Special Sauce.
- Donít pick up the hot potatoes with your bare hands!
- SPECIAL SAUCE: In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Stir with a spoon to blend.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed, up to 2 days.
- Yield: about 3/4 cup
- Some other kicked-up topping ideas are grated Cheddar cheese, crumbled crispy bacon, chopped ham, and cooked chopped broccoli.