- BASIL PESTO:
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted walnut pieces
- 1 cup cleaned basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- PESTO CHEESE DIP:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Basil Pesto
- Crackers, bagel chips, or tortilla chips
- Combine all the ingredients for the Basil Pesto in a blender and process on high speed until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use, up to 3 days.
- PESTO CHEESE DIP: Place the cream cheese on a decorative microwave-proof plate, and microwave it, uncovered, on high until it begins to melt slightly, about 15 seconds.
- Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the cream cheese from the microwave and spoon the Basil Pesto evenly over it.
- Return plate to the microwave and cook, uncovered, on high until the pesto is just warm but still thick, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Remove the dip from the microwave and serve with crackers or chips of your choice.
- Yield: 6 to 10 servings
Chicken Nuggets with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce
Jessie's Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Grill It Up A Notch Ham And Cheese Sandwich
Little Laurenís Mac And Cheese
Totally Terrific Cheese Toast
Scoop It Up Spinach Dip
Make 'em Pancakes
Go Nuts For Banana Bread
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutty Buttery Green Beans