- 2 cups nonfat milk, warmed
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- One and one-third cups all-purpose flour
- One-half cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- One-half cup sour cream
- One-fourth cup black caviar
- In 1 cup of milk, dissolve the yeast and add 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour. Place the mixture in a warm place until it rises and double in size. Add the rest of the warmed milk. Sift in the remaining all-purpose and the buckwheat flour. Add the sugar, 2 egg whites, and butter. Beat until smooth. Set aside to rise until doubled in size. Knead it lightly, and let it rise again.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites until frothy and add to the mixture. Heat a nonstick skillet sprayed with nonstick spray and make 12 pancakes. (These will be thicker than normal pancakes.) Place 2 teaspoons of sour cream on each pancake. Top with caviar.
Oysters On The Half-shell With Mignonette Sauce And Caviar
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce
Dill And Black Pepper Gravlax With Mini Potato Pancakes And Chive Sour Cream
Fried Ham And Red-eye Gravy