- 10 ounces baby Yukon gold potatoes, cut into quarters
- One-half pound green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- One-fourth cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup prepared basil and pine nut pesto
- 1 pound dried penne pasta
- Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook until just tender. With a slotted spoon remove the beans and cool under running water, and drain. Cook the potatoes in the olive oil, stirring, until they are tender and golden. Add the green beans and stir until heated through. Keep warm.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente (tender, but firm). Drain the pasta in a strainer, reserving a few tablespoons of water, and immediately transfer the pasta to a warmed serving bowl. Toss the pesto (you can add more or less to taste), the green beans and potatoes, and reserved water. Add to the pasta and toss again. Serve with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.