- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine, cooked to al dente
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed well
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped oregano or basil
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, to taste
- VIVA LAS VEGAS TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chopped, peeled tomatoes, with their juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- º teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar, optional
- Bring 1 gallon of water and the salt to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the linguine and cook, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking together, until just al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until golden, about 1 minute. Add the crushed red pepper, wine, tomato sauce, and cook for 1 minute. Add the clams, stir well, cover, and cook until the clams open, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley and oregano. Discard any unopened clams.
- Drain the linguine. Add to the clam sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to a large pasta bowl, sprinkle with cheese to taste, and serve with crusty Italian bread.
- VIVA LAS VEGAS TOMATO SAUCE: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, salt, and white pepper, and cook stirring, until the onions are soft, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil, and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the stock and black pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- If needed, add the sugar to balance the acidity, and cook for 1 minute. Serve with the Linguine with Clam Sauce, or tightly cover and keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days until ready to serve.
- Makes 3 cups
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce And Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce
Meril's Linguine with Littleneck Clam Sauce
Fresh Pasta With A Spicy Clam Sauce
Emeril's Favorite Linguine With Clams
Linguine With Clams
Linguine With Seafood In Saffron Broth
Linguine With Artichokes, Shrimp, And Mascarpone