- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 to 2 pounds boneless round steak
- 3 teaspoons Creole Seasoning (your choice)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups diced onions
- One-half cup diced celery
- One-halfcup diced bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 cups steamed rice
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large, heavy pot. Season each side of round steak with 1 teaspoon of the Creole Seasoning and 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce. Place the steak in pot and cook, browning evenly on both sides, about 20 minutes. Add 1 cup of the chopped onions and continue to brown for 10 minutes longer, turning the steak several times. Add the remaining onions, the celery, bell pepper and garlic, and cook 5 minutes more. Add the beef broth and the remaining Creole Seasoning and hot sauce. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- In a cup, combine the cornstarch and water and whisk to make a smooth paste. Add to the pot and stir. Cook uncovered until the sauce thickens. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes. Serve over steamed rice.