- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (try Valrhonaís Equatorial Noir Couverture)
- One-half cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 9 tablespoons Quady Essensia (for a stronger orange flavor, use Grand Marnier)
- 1 cup plus 8 tablespoons chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 2 ounces good-quality white chocolate (my favorites are Ivoire by Valrhona, and the premium white baking chocolate by Schokinog), chopped
- Stir the bittersweet chocolate and butter in large metal bowl set over saucepan of simmering water until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the desert wine or liqueur. Cool to room temperature, whisking occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Beat 1 cup cream with 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl to soft peaks. Fold into the chocolate mixture. Divide the mousse among 6 wineglasses or soufflé cups. Decorate each mousse with a slice of orange. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Combine the white chocolate and 2 tablespoons cream in medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat. Cool the chocolate to room temperature.
- Beat the remaining 6 tablespoons cream in another medium bowl to soft peaks. Fold the cream into the white chocolate mixture. Refrigerate the mixture until firm, about 1 hour. Pipe or dollop the white chocolate cream atop center of each mousse.
Adrienne's Almond Chocolate Truffles
Adrienne's Rustic Chicken Liver Pate With Crostini
Adrienne's Potato Gratinee
Adrienne's Cracked Crab With Curried Dipping Sauce
Adrienne's Jimtown Olive Spread
Adrienne's Fall Corn Chowder
Adrienne's Seekh Kebab
Adrienne's Pasta With Green Beans, Potatoes And Pesto
Adrienne's Holiday Fennel Sausage Stuffing
Adrienne's Fresh Peach Ice Cream