- 4 each (8 ounces) firm white fish fillets, such as snapper, halibut, and flounder, etc.
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 large Idaho potatoes, peeled
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups French Green Bean Relish
- 2 cups Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Season the fish with salt and pepper. Rub both sides lightly with the mustard. With a potato threader, cut the potatoes into long spiral curls. Season the curls with salt and pepper. Wrap each fish tightly with the curls. Place the fish in a damp, clean kitchen cloth, roll up tightly to adhere the potatoes to the fish, and remove the cloth. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add the oil. When the oil is hot, pan-fry for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season with Essence. To serve, spoon the sauce in the center of each plate. Spoon the relish in the center of each sauce. Lay the fish directly on top of the relish. Garnish with parsley.
- Yields: 4 servings