- 2 pounds fresh beets, washed, and tops and stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons vodka
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 pound boneless smoked sturgeon, flaked into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and julienned
- 2 cups micro greens or mixed greens
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In a bowl toss the beets with the oil. Place on a roasting pan and bake until cooked through but still firm, about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices.
In a bowl whisk together the shallots, red wine vinegar, vodka, olive oil, honey, salt, black pepper and fresh dill. Add smoked sturgeon, apple and beets and toss briefly just to combine. Serve on top of field greens.