- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 cup julienne tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup julienne Vidalia onions
- 1 cup fresh field peas, cooked until tender
- 4 whole Walleye Pikes (3/4 to 1 pound each) scaled and gutted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- BUTTERMILK AND CHEDDAR HUSHPUPPIES:
- 1 1/2 cups white cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Crystal hot sauce
- 1/4 cup minced onions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup water
- Creole seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 1 cup of olive oil, mustard and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the vinaigrette with the tarragon, tomatoes, onions and peas. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Preheat the grill.
- Season the fish with the oil, salt and pepper. Place the fish on the grill and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill.
- To serve, place the vegetable in a mound in the center of each plate. Place the fish on top of the vegetables. Spoon some of the vinaigrette over each fish. Garnish with parsley and hushpuppies.
- BUTTERMILK AND CHEDDAR HUSHPUPPIES: Preheat the fryer.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, hot sauce, onions and cheese. Mix together. Stir in the eggs, buttermilk, and water. Mix until fully incorporated. Fry one tablespoon of the batter at a time. Fry the hushpuppies for 2 to3 minutes or until they are golden brown. Stirring constantly will ensure even browning. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper plate. Season with Creole seasoning.
- Yield: about 1 1/2 dozen
Grilled Flat-Iron Steak with Avocado, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad
Grilled Fish With Fresh Pea Sauce And Pea And Tomato Relish
Grilled Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas
Grilled Creole Mustard Marinated Quail With Smothered Field Peas And Andouille
Paneed Pork Loin And Mashed Root Vegetables With A Roasted Cipollini And Field Pea Relish
Cheese Stuffed Chicken Scallopini With Fresh Tomato Sauce And Herbed Orzo With Peas
Gulf Shrimp And Fresh Fettuccini With Tomato, Mushrooms, And Truffle Oil
Grilled Pork Tenderloin With Hazelnut Romesco And Fresh Oregano Vinaigrette
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Stack Salad Of Creole Tomatoes And Vidalia Onions With A Maytag Blue Cheese Dressing