- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 10 cups chicken stock
- 3 pounds parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces raw bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, thinly sliced and soaking in cold water
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a 6-quart stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and celery. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are soft, about 4 minutes.Add the bay leaf and garlic. Add the stock and parsnips and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the parsnips are very soft and the mixture has thickened and creamy, about 1 hour.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Discard the bay leaf.
- Using a hand-held blender, puree until smooth. Stir in the cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small sauté pan, over medium heat, render the ham until crispy. Fry the potatoes until crispy and brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls. Garnish with the crispy potatoes, bacon and chives.
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Potato Crisps And Bacon
Grilled Filet of Beef with Blue Cheese Glacage, Bacon and Sour Cream Mashed Potatoes and a Drizzle of Emeril's Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Crispy Fish With Salsify, Celery Root And Fennel Slaw And Parsnip Creamed Potatoes
Cream Of Parsnip Soup With Fried Parsnip Nest And A Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom Relish
Potato And Watercress Soup With Crisp Potato Pancakes And Smoked Salmon
Parsnip Cakes With Smoked Trout, Apple, And Horseradish Cream
Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheddar
Oven Fried Potato And Sweet Potato Chips With Creamy Oven Cooked Bacon Dip
Oyster Rockefeller Soup Garnished with Crispy Bacon and Fried Oysters
Dandelion And Bitter Greens With Fried Potatoes And Warm Bacon Dressing