- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound finely ground chorizo or other fresh pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds Manila clams, shucked
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- CREOLE SEASONING:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 cups BASIC BUTTER SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons finely minced shallots
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 pound cold butter, cut into tablespoon size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the sausage and cook until the meat is browned, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour into a medium mixing bowl and cool completely. In another mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the oil, the bread crumbs, parsley and cheese. Season with Creole seasoning and mix well. Add the sausage mixture and water to the bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Grease the bottom of a 10-inch pie pan with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Arrange the clams in 1 layer in the bottom of the pan. Season with Creole seasoning. Cover the clams with the sausage mixture, packing it firmly down onto them. Bake on the center rack of the oven until the top is golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon onto serving plates. Drizzle the plates with some of the sauce. Garnish with green onions.
- Yields: 8 servings
- CREOLE SEASONING: Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- BASIC BUTTER SAUCE: In a medium sauté pan, add shallots and white wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all the butter is incorporated and the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Strain.
- Yield: 1 cup
Emeril's Kicked Up Stovetop Clam Bake With Lobsters, Mussels, Potatoes, Artichokes, And Sausages
Fried Spicy Ispich Clam Rolls
Fresh Pasta With A Spicy Clam Sauce
Clam Bake Foil Pouches
Sausage Pizza With Caramelized Onions And Peppers
Pork And Clams
Spicy Sausage And Cheese Bread
Sausage And Sweet Pepper Calzones
Hoisin Glazed Chicken Stuffed With Sticky Rice And Chinese Sausage
Grilled Quail And Andouille Sausage Ragu