- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fine white bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces (1 1/2 cups) shredded coconut
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Confectionersí sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Grease a standard loaf pan (4 x 4 x 3 inches deep) with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle the bottom and sides of the pan with the bread crumbs and tap out any excess.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, brandy, vanilla, bananas, and the remaining 4 tablespoons melted butter, and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda, egg, coconut, and white chocolate, and stir until all of the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Spread the pecans on top and press down gently into the batter with a spatula. Sprinkle the top with the sesame seeds and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack before unmolding.
- To serve, unmold the cake, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, slice, and serve. Serve immediately or store, refrigerated, wrapped in plastic wrap, for 2 days.
- Note: Remove the crusts from a dense, homemade-type white bread, and crumb 3 or 4 slices at a time in a food processor or blender. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Jessica Lagasse's Black And White Brownies
Jillyís Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Chocolate Pecan Cake With White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Banana Chocolate Bread Pudding With Mint Créme Anglaise
Banana Cream Pie With Caramel Drizzles And Chocolate Sauce
White Chocolate Mocha Sauce
Parmesan Fennel Breadsticks
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream