- 8 veal medallions (2 to 3 ounces each), pounded about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced assorted fresh wild mushrooms
- 1 cup blanched quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cut up, at room temperature
Place the veal medallions on a flat surface, sprinkle them on both sides with the Essence, and press the seasoning into the meat evenly.
Heat the oil in a large nonreactive skillet over high heat. Add the veal, shallots, garlic, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, green onions, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn the veal, placing it on top of the vegetables. Stir in the lemon juice and the white wine and cook for 1 minute. Remove the veal and set aside. Cook the vegetables for 1 minute. Whisk in the cream and butter and bring to a boil. Return the veal to the skillet for 1 minute and remove from the heat. Remove the veal with tongs. You should have about 2 cups of the sauce and vegetables.
To serve, place 2 veal medallions on each of 4 plates and smother with 1/2 cup of the sauce.