- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted and halved Greek or Italian black olives
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6 to 7 ounces each) yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- In a bowl combine 1/2 cup oil, the onions, garlic, tomatoes, black and green olives, anchovy, lemon juice, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, and stir until thoroughly blended. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Sprinkle the tuna steaks evenly on both sides with the Creole Seasoning.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tuna and sautÈ until brown, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, place a tuna steak on each of 4 plates and spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the sauce over each.
Grilled Tuna With Tortilla Sauce, Black Bean Chili, And Salsa
Seared Peppered Tuna With Greens And Vodka Vinaigrette
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Wild Mushroom Smothered Steaks
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Beer Battered Fish With Twice-fried Vinegar Chips And Basil Mayonnaise
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Big Easy Seafood Okra Gumbo