- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped andouille or chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 roasted, peeled, and coarsely chopped chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups finely crumbled day-old plain corn bread or corn muffins
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Basic Chicken Stock
- 1 whole chicken (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 5 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, celery, and carrots and sautÈ for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and garlic and sautÈ for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Turn the contents of the skillet into a large bowl, add the chestnuts, corn bread, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and 3 turns of the pepper, and toss until thoroughly combined.
- Place the same skillet back over high heat, add the chicken stock, and deglaze the skillet, scraping up any browned bits clinging to the pan. Remove from the heat and pour into the mixture in the bowl. Stir until the dressing is evenly moistened. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Push the garlic cloves under the skin of the chicken, and brush with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle the chicken inside and out with the Creole Seasoning, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the remaining 6 turns pepper. Using a large spoon, stuff the dressing into the cavity of the chicken. Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and roast until juicy but done to the bone, about 1 1/2 hours.
- To serve, mound about 3/4 cup of the dressing on each of 2 plates, and top with 1/2 chicken.
Southwest Shrimp With Fire Roasted Corn And Onion Dressing
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Fried Eggplant Salad With Sweet Corn Dressing
Frozen Chestnut Souffles With Brandied Berry Sauce
Southwest Cowboy Steak With Skillet Corn Sauce And Tortillas
Sauteed Scallops With Saffron Corn Sauce
Sweet Corn Dressing