- 1 1/2 cups Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing
- Basic Pie Dough, rolled out into two 9-inch dough rounds, each cut in half
- 4 boned (except for the knuckle or joint at the bottom of the drumstick) chicken legs, the thigh and the drumstick all in 1 piece
- 2 teaspoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Andouille Cream
- Prepare the Andouille Corn-Bread Stuffing and the Basic Pie Dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Spread the meat of the chicken legs open and sprinkle the inside of each with 1/4 teaspoon Creole Seasoning. Sprinkle the outside of each leg with another 1/4 teaspoon Creole Seasoning, and use your hands to coat thoroughly.
- Stuff the cavity of each leg with 6 tablespoons of the stuffing and close the skin around it. Brush the half-circles of dough with some of the beaten egg and place one leg on each piece with the joint sticking out. Fold the ends over to create a wrapper and place, seam side down, on the baking sheet. Brush the outside of each package with more of the beaten egg and bake until the crust is brown and the chicken tender, for about 35 minutes.
- Prepare the Andouille Cream.
- To serve, spoon 1/2 cup of the Andouille Cream onto each of 4 dinner plates, and place a baked chicken leg on each.
Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Stewed Lentils
Stuffed Chicken Legs In Puff Pastry With Andouille Cream
Pork Roulade With Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing, Sage Jus, And Mango Chutney
Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Pesto Cream
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Paneed Chicken with Creamed Garlic Potatoes and Braised Kale
Chicken Andouille Hash With Poached Eggs And Sauce Piquante
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Andouille Corn Bread Stuffing
Truffle Stuffed Chicken Legs In Puff Pastry With Candied Butternut Squash