- 2 cups Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) pompano, snapper, catfish, sea bass, grouper, or lemonfish
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 large raw potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Prepare the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, and set aside. (This doesnít have to be reheated.)
- Spread the fillets on a clean surface and sprinkle the top of each with 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning. Spread 1 teaspoon of the mustard on each fillet. Peel and grate the potatoes by hand on the large holes of a grater. Top each fish fillet with 1/2 cup of the grated potatoes, packing them down with a spatula. Sprinkle the potatoes on each fillet with 1/4 teaspoon ofthe salt and 2 turns of the pepper.
- Heat the oil in 2 nonstick skillets over high heat, 1/4 cup of the oil per skillet. When the oil is hot, gently slide 2 fillets into each skillet with a spatula, crust side up, taking care to keep the crust intact. Fry for 2 minutes, flip the fillets quickly and carefully, and fry crust side down until golden brown, for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, pour 1/2 cup of the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce into each of 4 dinner plates. Place 1 fillet, crust side up on each plate, and sprinkle with the chives.