- 4 tablespoon (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (1/4 cup), plus 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 pounds cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 12 ounces (1 1/2 cups) soft goat cheese, such as Montrochet
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with 1 teaspoon of butter.
- In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter until thoroughly blended, and press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer until thick, smooth, and creamy for about 5 minutes. Beat in 1 cup of the sour cream, the goat cheese, eggs, and sugar, and continue beating until the mixture is very smooth and creamy, for about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and lime juice and beat until thoroughly incorporated, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the springform pan and bake until brown and spingy-firm, for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature. If you refrigerate the cake, remove from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature (about 2 hours) before serving. Run a knife around the perimeter and release the cake from the springform ring.
- In a small bowl combine the Grand Marnier with the remaining 1/2 cup sour cream and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, for about 2 minutes. Spread on top of the cooled cake.
- To serve, cut wedges of the cheesecake with warm knife.
- Note: To cut cheesecake successfully, keep a tall glass of warm water at hand, and dip your knife in the water between slices.
Raspberry Chocolate Cheesecake
Smoked Salmon Cheesecake With Green Onions Coulis
Crab And Wild Mushroom Cheesecake With Green Onion Coulis
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Goat Cheese Quesadilla With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo
Spinach And Goat Cheese With Warm Andouille Dressing
J.K.'s Chocolate Soufflés with Chocolate Grand Marnier Sauce
Chocolate Chip Pie With Bourbon Cream