- 8 peeled fresh plums, pitted and diced
- 12 whole Roasted Shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups Brown Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark molasses
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 18 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 2 racks baby back ribs, trimmed of excess fat (3 to 4 pounds each)
- 1 teaspoon Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons liquid crab boil
- 4 bay leaves
- 5 cups Cilantro Potato Salad
- Preheat the oven to 375?F.
- Combine the plums, shallots, garlic, stock, ketchup, molasses, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 6 turns of the pepper in a medium saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and purÈe in a food processor. Makes 2 2/3 cups.
- Place the ribs in a large stockpot with 4 quarts of the water, the Creole Seasoning, crab boil, bay leaves, and 2 teaspoons of the salt. Bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the pot and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush on the glaze to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon salt, using 1/4 teaspoon for each side of each rack, and the remaining 12 turns pepper, allowing 3 turns for each side of each rack.
- Roast, turning and basting every 10 to 15 minutes, until dark brown, crusty, and caramelized, for about 1 hour 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. When cool enough to handle, cut into individual ribs.
- While the ribs are roasting, prepare the Cilantro Potato Salad, and refrigerate until the ribs are ready.
- To serve, arrange 4 to 5 ribs on each plate, with a generous cup of the Cilantro Potato Salad.
Portuguese Piri Piri Beef On A Stick With Cilantro Potato Salad
Spicy Beef Empanadas With Fire Sauce And Cilantro Cream
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Curry Crusted Lamb Chops With Garlic Wine Sauce And Potato Shallot Custards
Pompano With Potato Crust And Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Roasted Shrimp With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce And Warm Frisee Corn Salad
Cilantro Potato Salad