- 8 ounces (1 cup) chopped chorizo, the casings removed and discarded
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) goat cheese, such as Montrachet
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups Southern Style Black Eye Peas
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each), pounded very thin
- 4 teaspoons Emerilís Creole Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400?F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Combine the chorizo, goat cheese, pine nuts, green onions, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix until thoroughly blended. Makes 1 1/2 cups of stuffing.
- Prepare the Black-Eye Peas.
- Spread the chicken breasts on a flat surface and sprinkle each, top side only, with 1/2 teaspoon Creole Seasoning. Place a heaping 1/3 cup of the stuffing on half of each chicken breast and fold the other half over the stuffing and pinch the edges together. Brush the tops with the oil, using 1/2 teaspoon on each, and sprinkle each with 1/2 teaspoon of the remaining Creole Seasoning.
- Place the pockets on the baking sheet and bake until the chicken is golden brown, for about 18 minutes.
- To serve, spread 3/4 cup of the Black-Eye Peas on each of 4 plates, and top with 1 chicken pocket.
Beggarsí Purses Of Lamb, Goat Cheese, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Rosemary Lentils
Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, Apples And Mint
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat's Cheese, Poblanos, And Andouille† With† Creole Mustard Aioli
Pine Nut Crusted Chicken With Roasted Poblano Sauce
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Chorizo, Cheese, And Green Chile Enchiladas
Albuquerque Roast Chicken With Black Bean Chili, Guacamole, And Fried Tortilla Strips
Black-eyed Pea Hummus
Goat Cheese Quesadilla With Guacamole And Pico De Gallo