- 1 1/2 cups Sauce Piquante
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked potato (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chopped andouille sausage
- 1 cup (6 ounces) diced cooked chicken breasts (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Creole Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Perfect Poached Eggs, cooked just before serving
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Prepare the Sauce Piquante, and keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 200?F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the potatoes and sautÈ, shaking the skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add the onions, bell peppers, and andouille and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and sautÈ for 1 minute. Add the garlic, Creole Seasoning, salt, and pepper and fry, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat. Makes 3 cups.
- Keep the hash warm by placing the skillet in the oven. Prepare the Perfect Poached Eggs.
- To serve, mound 3/4 cup of the hash on each of 4 dinner plates. Place 1 Perfect Poached Egg on top of each and drizzle with a generous 1/3 cup of the Sauce Piquante. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of the green onions.
- Note: Bring 3 cups of water to a boil with 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Crack an egg into a cup and slide the egg gently into the water. Crack another egg into the cup and when the water returns to a boil slide this egg into the water as well. When the water returns to a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until the eggs are set. Watch carefully and remove the eggs when the yolks are still soft, about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. (Test by lifting an egg slightly out of the water on a slotted spoon and gently pressing the center with your finger; the yolk should be soft and the white firm.) Drain on paper towels. Poached eggs can be made ahead and kept immersed in a bowl of water in the refrigerator. Reheat by immersing briefly in simmering water.