- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted (3/4 cup)
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup roasted pecan pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a standard loaf pan (8 x 4 x 3 inches deep) with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Dust the pan with 1 tablespoon of the flour and tap out the excess.
- In a bowl combine the bananas with the sugar and eggs until well blended. Stir in the remaining 2 cups flour, baking soda, buttermilk, and the remaining 11 tablespoons butter. Fold in the pecans and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for about 55 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2 hours.
- To serve, slice and serve plain or with ice cream
- Note: Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the pecans or other nuts on a baking sheet in the oven and roast until golden and fragrant, for about 5 to 6 minutes. Watch carefully to be sure they don’t burn. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 weeks.