- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 6 cups day-old bread cubes (1/2-inch)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Mint Créme Anglaise
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Brush a baking dish (about 10 x 14 inches) with 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, cream, and milk. Add the vanilla, cinnamon, bananas, pecans, bread, and chocolate and stir to blend thoroughly
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter into the pudding mixture and pour into the baking dish. Bake until firm, for about 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow the pudding to cool on a rack until just warm before cutting into squares.
- To serve, spread about 2 tablespoons of the Mint Créme Anglaise on each plate and top with a square of the pudding. Add a dollop of whipped cream, and dust with confectioners' sugar.