- 2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds dried linguine
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
- 2 pounds littleneck clams, scrubbed well (discard any that are open)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring 1 gallon water and the salt to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the linguine and cook, stirring occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking together, until just al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the crushed red pepper, wine, and tomato sauce, and cook for 1 minute. Add the clams, stir well, cover, and cook until the clams open, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the parsley and oregano. Discard any unopened clams.
- Drain the linguine. Add to the sauce and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large pasta bowl and serve hot, with lots of crusty Italian bread.
Chairman Of The Board Linguine With Clam Sauce
Viva Las Vegas Tomato Sauce
Roasted Vegetable And Goat Cheese Terrine With Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
Linguine With Clam Sauce
Baked Ziti With Italian Sausage And Fennel
Meril's Linguine with Littleneck Clam Sauce
Pasta "rags" With Vodka Sauce
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Portuguese Kale And Clam Soup
Venison Medallions With Bacon And White Bean Ragout And Creole Mustard Sauce