- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 4 cups Chicken Stock or
- canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onions, salt, and white pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the cucumbers, green onions, and dill. Cook until the cucumbers are starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- PurÈe the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a food processor or blender. Transfer the soup to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
- Stir the parsley and yogurt into the soup. Refrigerate for at least 2 more hours, or overnight, to chill thoroughly.
- To serve, season the chilled soup to taste with additional salt and white pepper if needed. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish each serving with a spoonful of chopped smoked salmon.
Cold Asparagus Soup With Lump Crabmeat
Cold Pasta Salad With Smoked Salmon, Cucumbers And Salmon Roe
Portuguese-Style White Bean Soup with Chicken and Bacon
Cured Salmon And Caramelized Ruby Red Grapefruit Salad With Blood Orange Gastrique
Mini Open Faced Corn Cake And Salmon Salad Sandwiches With Beluga Caviar
Pan Seared Salmon With Black Bean Relish
Caramelized Onion and Parmesan Cheese Soup with Parmesan Cheese Toasts
Cold Cucumber Soup With Louisiana Oysters On The Half Shell And Osteria Caviar
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters