- 1 1/2 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup andouille or other spicy smoked sausage, removed from casings and chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Creole or other spicy whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and put into a medium saucepan. Add enough water to cover and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, uncovered, until just fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the andouille and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the shallots and cook until beginning to soften, about 1 minute. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream andcook until reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the mustard and mix well.
- Add the potatoes, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve, or cover to keep warm until ready to serve.
Panfried Catfish With Warm Andouille Potato Salad And Grown Up Tartar Sauce
Smashed Potato Salad
Andouille Bread Pudding
Andouille Stuffed Double Cut Pork Chops With Whiskey Braised Applesauce
Barbecued Quail With Andouille Bread Pudding
Rabbit, Andouille, And Wild Mushroom Gumbo
Cabbage And Potato Cake
Potato Soup With Salt Cod Fritters