- 3 cups sliced apples, one-fourth inch thick
- 1 cup blueberries
- Three fourths cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- One-half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons butter cut into small pieces
- Two 9-inch prepared pie dough
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl, combine the apples, blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt and let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place one piecrust in the bottom of a deep-dish pie pan. Pour the apple-blueberry mixture into the pie pan. Dot the top with butter and cover with the other piecrust, sealing edges.
- Cut steam holes in top, place on cookie sheet pan and place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Fruit juices should be bubbling though the vent holes. Stick the point of a knife through the hole and check to see if apples are tender.
- Allow pie to cool for 4 hours before slicing.
- Source: Cooking Section, July 2001
- Dish Type: Baked Goods