- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely minced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon finely minced green onion (green part only)
- 1 teaspoon finely minced celery
- 1 teaspoon finely minced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 pound rock shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fine dried bread crumbs
- Essence to taste
- 4 filet mignons (about 6 ounces each)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. Add the yellow onion, green onion, celery, red pepper, shallots, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until slightly limp, about 1 minute. Add the shrimp, water, and bread crumbs, season with Essence, and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into the side of the filets about 2 inches long and 2 inches deep. Season with Essence inside and out of the pocket. Fill each with about 1/4 cup of the stuffing.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large ovenproof sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the filets and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the heat and place in the oven. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare, 130º to 140ºF; 10 minutes for medium, 145º to 150ºF; and 12 minutes for well done, 155º to 165ºF.
Rock Shrimp Stuffed Flounder
Pan Roasted Filet Mignon Stuffed With English Stilton And Walnuts
Crawfish Stuffed Filet Mignon With Crawfish Bordelaise Sauce
Black Grouper With Sofrito And Rock Shrimp Toast
Meril's Rock Shrimp Tacos
Chorizo Stuffed Roasted Chicken
Whole Roasted Squabs Stuffed With Eggplant And Bacon Dressing
Lamb Roast Stuffed With Crawfish And Chevre
Mixed Green Salad With Popcorn Rock Shrimp
Fried Eggplant With Shrimp Stew Fay