- 3 cups halved, ripe cherry tomatoes
- One-half cup extra-virgin olive oil
- One-half teaspoon crushed pepper
- One-fourth teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fusilli pasta
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese (about 4 ounces)
- Toss the tomatoes with the oil, crushed red pepper and salt in a large salad bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes. Cook the fusilli in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving one-half cup of the cooking water. Stir the pasta water into the tomato mixture and add the basil. Add the pasta and toss. Add the cheese, toss again and serve. You can serve this hot or cold.