- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/3 pound assorted exotic mushrooms, such as oysters, shiitakes, and/or chanterelles, wiped clean and sliced (about 2 cups)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/2 pound sliced prosciutto, julienned
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 6 cups water
- 1 sheet (12 inches square) fresh pasta (available at specialty markets)
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil (available at specialty markets)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 12 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and prosciutto, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and pour into a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheese and let cool completely.
- Place the water in a large saucepan, salt it, and add the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil. Bring to a boil. With a sharp knife, cut the pasta sheet into sixteen 3-inch squares.
- Using your fingers. Lightly wet the edges of each square.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture into the center of 8 of the squares. Place the remaining pasta squares over the fillings and press the edges with the tines of a fork to seal.
- Drop the ravioli into the boiling water and cook until they rise to the surface, 3 to 4 minutes, then cook for another 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the ravioli and drain on paper towels.
- Toss the ravioli with the truffle oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the sage leaves and cook for 30 seconds. Add the ravioli to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Serve in a shallow bowl garnished with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and the chives.
Proscuitto And Mushroom Ravioli With Fried Sage
Greens with Fried Tortellini and Prosciutto
Confit Of Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags
Three Cheese Ravioli With Emeril's Red Pepper Sauce, Ricotta Salata And Crispy Sage Leaves
Prosciutto And Mushroom Ravioli
Fettuccine in a Porcini Mushroom Cream Sauce
Cheese Ravioli With Butter Sauce
Sweet Squash Raviolis With Sage Brown Butter Sauce
Chestnut Ravioli With Sage Browned Butter
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon