- GREEN MOLE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup (about 1 pepper) roasted, peeled and chopped poblano, New Mexican Green or Anaheim chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dark cane or corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- CHICKEN WITH MOLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Emerilís Southwest Essence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons dark cane or corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 turns freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Green Mole Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- GREEN MOLE SAUCE: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients and puree until smooth and creamy, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl. This sauce can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to one week, or frozen for up to one month.
- CHICKEN WITH MOLE CREAM SAUCE: Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl toss chicken breast halves with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon of the Southwest Essence and 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat evenly. Set aside while you make the Tamarind Glaze and the Mole Cream Sauce.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender combine the tamarind paste, garlic, syrup, molasses, ketchup, water, pepper and 1 tablespoon of the Southwest Essence until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the chicken stock, green mole sauce and heavy cream and bring to a boil. Continue to cook over high heat for 2 minutes, then serve immediately over Seared Chile-Marinated Chicken Breasts along with Tamarind Glaze.
- In a large non-stick skillet over high heat sear the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until cooked through but still tender and juicy.
- Serve chicken breasts on plates with 1/4 cup of the Mole Cream Sauce, then drizzle with the tamarind glaze. Yield: 4 Main Course servings
Double Cut Pork Chops with Tamarind Glaze, Green Mole Sauce and Caramelized Sweet Potatoes
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream And Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Tamarind Glazed Pork Chops With Mole Cream
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Pine Nut-crusted Chicken With Green Mole Cream
Seared Duck Breast With Pear And Dried Cherry Compote With Shallot Reduction
Seared Duck Breasts With A Citrus Tea Sauce
Grilled Chile Rubbed Rib Eyes
Seared Chicken Breasts With Jerk Sauce
Duck Breast with Roasted Apricots and Pistachio Cream Sauce