- 3 vanilla beans, split and scraped
- 4 cups light olive oil
- 1 log goat cheese, about 10 ounces
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 pound arugula leaves, washed and spun-dry
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat vanilla beans and olive oil very slowly until hot and vanilla is aromatic. Cool, strain, and store refrigerated.
- Using either dental floss or a knife dipped in warm water, divide goat cheese log into 8 medallions. Carefully roll in chopped pecans to coat, pressing nuts into cheese so that they adhere. Set aside until ready to assemble the salads.
- In a large bowl toss arugula with 3 ounces of the vanilla bean oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish each serving with one pecan-crusted goat cheese medallion.
Orange Arugula Salad With Vanilla-infused Oil
Marinated Cherry Peppers Stuffed with Homemade Goat Cheese served with a Prosciutto and Arugula Salad
Arugula With Cilantro Oil, Peppered Goat Cheese, And Roasted Walnuts
Vanilla And Bourbon Marinated Pork Loin With Sour Cream Mashed Sweet Potatoes And Pecan Gravy
Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With Pears, Blue Cheese And Pecans
Seared Muscovy Duck Breast, Baby Arugula, Radicchio, Endive, Walnut And Goat Cheese Salad With Diced Fuji Apples And Blackberry Vinaigrette
Arugula And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese Salad With 25 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar
Caramelized Walnut, Goat Cheese And Arugula Salad
Warm Spinach Salad With Balsamic And Andouille Vinaigrette With Sliced Red Onions And Goat Cheese
Warm Spinach Salad With Roasted Pecan And Bacon Dressing With Goats Cheese