- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Roma tomatoes, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup black olives (such as Kalamata), pitted and halved
- 1 pound calamari, thawed, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Creole seasoning
- 1 cup masa harina
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- LINGUICA CRUSTED REDFISH:
- 10 ounces finely chopped linguica
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs to bind
- 8 redfish filets
- Creole seasoning
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- PORTUGUESE OLIVE-TOMATO SAUCE: In a saucepan sauté onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and olives and continue to cook until sauce is thick and most excess liquid has evaporated, about 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve warm with LINGUICA CRUSTED REDFISH and FRIED CALAMARI.
- FRIED CALAMARI: In a mixing bowl, marinate the calamari in the buttermilk with 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning and allow to sit for 20 minutes. In a large bowl, combine masa harina and flour along with 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning. Dredge the calamari in the flour mixture and sift to remove any excess. Deep fry calamari until golden , 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent from sticking together. Drain on paper towels, season with Creole seasoning, and serve on top of redfish along with PORTUGUESE OLIVE-TOMATO SAUCE. Garnish with feta cheese.
- LINGUICA CRUSTED REDFISH: Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a skillet, cook linguica over medium heat until most fat has rendered. Add bread crumbs and mix well.Set aside.
- Season redfish on both sides with Creole seasoning.
- In one large or two small skillets heat olive oil until very hot and sear redfish for about 3 minutes, or until you have a nice golden color. Turn filets over and carefully remove any excess fat from the skillet. Divide linguica mixture between filets and bake for 5 minutes. Remove and serve immediately with PORTUGUESE OLIVE-TOMATO SAUCE.
Linguica Crusted Redfish With Portuguese Olive Tomato Sauce
Cornmeal Crusted Redfish With A Spicy Red Bean Sauce, Grilled Green Onions Coulis, Homemade Andouille Sausage And Southern Style Hush Puppies
Fresh Swordfish With An Olive Tomato Sauce And Crispy Calamari
Creole Calamari With Smoked Tomato Sauce And Olive Salad
Andouille Crusted Redfish with a Roasted Pecan Vegetable Relish, Meuniere Sauce and a Pile of Shoestring Potatoes
Fried Redfish With Fire Roasted Corn Tartar Sauce
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Florida Grouper With Tomatillo Sauce, Florida Orange Mango Salsa, Lump Crabmeat Guacamole, And Fried Yucca Chips
Fried Calamari With Creole Olive Salad
Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Homemade Bbq Sauce, Cole Slaw And Fried Pickles