- 1/2 pound white cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 pound assorted greens, such as mustard greens, collards, or spinach, trimmed, washed, and shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1 cup chopped green onions, green parts only
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- One-Egg Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Creole or whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the white cabbage, red cabbage, greens, red onions, green onions, and parsley in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, black pepper, cayenne, and sugar. Mix well. Add the mixture to the greens and toss to mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled. The slaw can be made (or chilled) three hours ahead.
- Source: Real and Rustic Cookbook
- Dish Type: Sides