- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Rustic Rub
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups dried fine bread crumbs
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 quail, breastbone removed, and split down the back (about 3 1/2 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400?F.
- Mix the flour and 1 teaspoon of the rub in a small bowl. Beat the eggs and water together in another bowl. Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, 4 teaspoons of the rub, and olive oil in a third bowl. Mix thoroughly. Season the quail with the remaining 2 teaspoons rub. Dredge the quail first in the flour, then in the egg wash, and finally in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, but not smoking, panfry the quail, 3 to 4 at a time, about 3 minutes on each side. Place the quail in a shallow baking pan and bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.